Fully Funded Chevening Gurukul Fellowships for Leadership & Excellence @ Oxford University [3 Months, 12 Positions]: Apply by Feb 27
The Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence is the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s flagship fellowship for India and has run for more than 20 years. The fellowship is aimed at young high-flyers and mid-career professionals from diverse backgrounds with a strong and demonstrable leadership potential.
In September 2019, the University of Oxford with the Department of Politics and International Relations will commence running the 12-week Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence.
Gurukul Fellows will be exposed to current issues and themes impacting global leadership, including:
- Economics of global integration: growth, trade, regulation and deregulation.
- The role of science and technology: climate change, the internet, technological interconnectedness, cyber security.
- International governance and government of the nation-state: the UN, WTO and trade agreements, the European Union and Brexit.
- Social challenges of and to global integration: migration, refugees, inequality and intolerance.
The course includes numerous site visits in the UK and Europe, researching and presenting on a public policy plan to be developed throughout the course, and a varied cultural programme designed to integrate Gurukul Fellows into the academic and cultural life of the University and Department, along with building their professional networks.
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from India to the UK
To be eligible for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence you must:
- Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least ten years’ work experience prior to applying.
- Be a mid-career professional with strong leadership potential in a wide range of sectors including state or central government, private sector, media, and civil society.
- Have a good working knowledge of English to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor.
- Have a postgraduate level qualification or equivalent professional training or work experience in a relevant area at the time of application.
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines, requirements and expectations of the programme.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply.
Application Deadline: February 27, 2019.
For further details on the same, click here.
About the Author