This program is designed for all students of economics, engineering and natural science background at the Bachelor’s or Master’s levels planning to pursue training at a French laboratory during their academic break (May to July).
- Student visa fee waiver.
- Monthly stipend of 310 euros for maximum 3 months (May to July) is provided by the Embassy.
- Medical insurance coverage (approx 300 euros).
- Assistance to find affordable student accommodation.
*Some institutions provide an allowance of 550 euros to interns in France interning for more than 8 weeks. However, the applicant needs to check with the host institution for the allowance.
- Be an Indian national residing in India at the time of application.
- Not be more than 30 years old at the time of application.
- Be currently enrolled at an Indian institution of higher learning in a bachelors/masters program.
- Be in possession of an admission/acceptance letter from a French laboratory where the research internship will be carried out.
- The duration of the internship must not be less than 2 months and must not exceed 3 months, i.e., during May-July 2018.
Please note that final semester project and laboratory research at a partner institute in France is not applicable.
Your application will be selected on the basis of your academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of your statement of purpose. Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory. There is no CGPA / percentage cut-off for the scholarship.
- Scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach passport application proof.
- Your full Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages).
- Scanned copy of your admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution / laboratory. If you have not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them. Please note that you have to approach a laboratory on your own, as per your research interest before applying for the scholarship.
How to Apply?
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline: March 4, 2018.
If you have questions regarding the Charpak scholarship program, please contact by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details on the same, click here.