TWO BIG ANSWERS: 1. Digital Presence for Lawyers and 2. IP Strategies for Startups and Techies [Feb 22, Chandigarh]: Register Now
Legal Hackers is a global movement of lawyers, policymakers, designers, technologists, and academics who explore and develop creative solutions to some of the most pressing issues at the intersection of law and technology.
Through local meetups, hackathons, and workshops, Legal Hackers spot issues and opportunities where technology can improve and inform the practice of law and where law, legal practice, and policy can adapt to rapidly changing technology.
Chandigarh Legal Hackers is, of course, the Chandigarh chapter of Legal Hackers.
ABOUT THE EVENT
This event will have 2 sessions.
SESSION 1: A REVOLUTIONARY STRATEGY FOR THE GROWTH OF STARTUPS IN INDIA: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY VALUATION
While startups do have a business strategy, a marketing strategy, a financial strategy, a team build strategy, very little thought is given to the ‘projection’ strategy.
What is to be protected? Your intellectual property! Your logos/brand-names need to be protected through Trademarks, your inventions through Patents, and computer code or artistic/literary works through Copyrights.
The session will cover:
- The type of Intellectual Property (IP) for start-ups: trademarks, copyrights, and patents
- IP Strategy: How to lay a solid foundation for startups and businesses
- Research strategy: What to know before you plan your IP strategy
- A deep dive into ‘IP valuation’: How to determine the true value of your business
- Investors and IP
Speakers: Ms. Ankita Sambyal
Founder and Managing Director of Angina Legal and Tech Solutions
SESSION 2: GOING DIGITAL: HOW LAWYERS AND LAW FIRMS CAN HAVE A STRONG DIGITAL PRESENCE
The speaker, Tanuj Kalia, is a 2013 graduate from one of India’s top law schools, NUJS Kolkata. His website Lawctopus.com reaches nearly 2 lakh visitors a month. Tanuj was also the VP Marketing at vakilsearch.com, a leading legal tech startup. The advice here will be straight from the horse’s mouth!
The session will cover:
- Build a website (as per BCI rules) for Rs. 5000 or less
- Update content on your website as easily as MS Word
- Get discovered on Google through your writing
- A brief introduction to:
- Keyword planning
- Online content writing
- SEO (search engine optimisation) & SMO (social media optimization)
- Legal practice management tips (from technology and digital marketing point of view)
Speaker: Tanuj Kalia
Founder and CEO of Lawctopus.com
AGENDA FOR THE EVENT
- 3 PM – 3.15 PM- Registrations and networking
- 3.15 PM – 3.30 PM- Introduction to Legal Hackers
- 3.30 PM – 4.15: GOING DIGITAL: HOW LAWYERS AND LAWYERS AND LAW FIRMS CAN HAVE A STRONG DIGITAL PRESENCE (The session will include questions and comments).
- 4.15 – 5: A REVOLUTIONARY STRATEGY FOR THE GROWTH OF STARTUPS IN INDIA: IP VALUATION (The session will include questions and comments).
- 5 PM- 5.30 PM- Closing remarks and Networking
LOCATION AND DATE
- Venue: WorkCave Co-working, SCO 224, Level 1 and 2 Sector 37 C/D, Chandigarh, PIN: 160036
- Date: February 22, 2020 (Saturday).
- Timings: 3 PM-5.30 PM
- Dress code: Smart casuals (lawyers, you can put away your formals for a while!)
- Contact: 97794 19764 (MRINAAL DATT).
IMPORTANT: The sequence of the ‘sessions’ might be changed. 🙂 That is we might have session 2 first and then have session 1. This is because we want both lawyers and entrepreneurs/techies to understand and contribute to each other’s issues.
Note 1: All Legal Hackers chapters across the world are independent, non-commercial, non-profit, and non-political/non-advocacy groups.
Note 2: All our events are free and open to the public. To finance events, we are open for in-kind partnerships (food, beverage, venue, etc.), sponsorships. We might also have ‘suggested donations’ for event participants.
HOW TO ATTEND
All our events are free and open to attend and do not require any registration.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)