Societal Computing is an integrated innovative interdisciplinary field which provides the techniques, theories, and research methodologies to address real-life societal problems and create technologies that directly impact the society.
The goal of the International Workshop on Societal Computing for the Internet of Things & You (SoCIeTY 2020) is to delve into the application of new and innovative technological research towards improving society through the use of computation.
The focus is to provide an interdisciplinary platform for researchers to exchange ideas, present their results, share their thoughts based on their past knowledge, stimulate new research idea , and foster collaborations among computer scientists, engineers, domain experts, urban scientists and representatives from Government and NGOs to develop systems for an effective computation driven society.
Call for Papers
We invite research scholars, researchers, and faculty from institutions as well as industries, from India and abroad, to submit a 6-page paper for consideration for the workshop, following guidelines listed below.
The research topics include, but are not limited to:
- Pervasive/Ubiquitous Computing and Applications with IoT
- Mobile Computing and Wireless Communications
- Human Activity Sensing with IoT
- Urban Computing with IoT
- Environment Monitoring with IoT
- Assistive Living with IoT
- Intelligent and Self-organizing Transportation Networks & Services with IoT
- Healthcare Using IoT
- Application of IoT in Crisis Mitigation
Submitted papers must be no longer than 6 pages, and should adhere to the standard ACM conference proceedings format. All submissions must be written in English. Authors must register the abstract 1 week prior to the full paper submission. Reviews will be single-blinded. Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor being currently under review by another conference or journal.
- Submission Deadline: 5th September 2019
- Acceptance Notification: 5th October 2019
- Camera-Ready Version: 20th October 2019
For any queries, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org