Chirst University is organising Virtual Conference on Gender Justice- Fostering Diversity, Equity & Inclusion on 4-5 April 2022. The last date of registration is 10 March.
Gender justice is the bedrock of any progressive-democratic nation for accomplishing sustainable and inclusive growth for its population. Gender is a distinct identity and it cannot be designed on the basis of “socially constructed” standards and norms.
Such existing glass ceiling and thought processes would hamper the opportunities and invite obstacles to reforms which would detrimentally lead to injustice, discrimination and social exclusion. In India, our Constitution guarantees rule of law with no discrimination based on gender, caste, ethnicity, and religion. Also there are statutes and judicial precedents safeguarding and highlighting the rights of vulnerables and gender minorities.
However, due to the prevalent patriarchal power structures, cultural and economic constraints besides
the internalized subordination, the realization of universal standards of gender equity and equality
would be challenging. It is vital to assimilate legislation, policy and precedents pertaining to gender
equality to practice in order to pay attention to unheard voices thereby to foster diversity, equity and
For this very purpose, School of Law, Christ University, NCR campus is organizing a National Conference titled as “GENDER JUSTICE: FOSTERING DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION”. By linking policy and practice, this conference endeavors to facilitate a novel perspective to support gender justice.
SUB THEME 1: Gender Mainstreaming and Inclusivity
- Diversity and representation
- Justice and identity issues
- Inequality, glass ceiling and emotion
- Equity, health and access to justice
- Egalitarianism and sustainable development
SUB THEME 2: Gender Equality and Governance
- Labour dynamics and entrepreneurship
- Stereotyping, behavioral norms and trans-inclusive workplace
- Transformative society and capacity building
- Sensitization and education
SUB THEME 3: Gender-based violence and Sexual offences
- Gender-related crimes and global issues
- Discrimination in matrimony and other personal laws
- Equality and Domestic violence
- Gender justice and NGOs
SUB THEME 4: Gender and Media
- Gender demonstration and entertainment media
- Access to technology
- Gender-promoting campaigns and social media
- Gender-affirming care and media best practices
- Submission of Abstract: February 28, 2022
- Confirmation of Abstract: March 02, 2022
- Last date for Registration and Payment: 10 March 2022
- Submission of Full Paper March 30, 2022
- National Conference April 4-5, 2022
Interested candidates can register via this page.
Mr. Sandeep TM +917829401874
Ms. Saibaa Ghazala, +91-8825263173
Mr. Gitik Chandna, +91-7415791393