NIT Warangal is inviting papers for Virtual Conference on Conventional and Digital Methods in Chemical Education on 29-31 July 2021. The last date of submission is 30 June.
About the Conference
Teaching is an art, which requires special skills for effective dissemination the information effectively in a particular domain depending on the cognition levels of the students. The required skills may differ from subject-to-subject. Especially, the art of teaching chemistry is continuously evolving and advancing, making chemistry teachers re-evaluate their methods of instruction every year.
Chemistry, being the Central Science, requires deeper concepts and pedagogical artistry. Chemical education covers all aspects of teaching and learning chemistry. It encompasses methods used in devoted education institutes — including classroom lectures, demonstrations and laboratory activities — and also the broader topics of educating the public.
The purpose of this International Conference is to discuss the conventional and current pedagogical methods and technologies best used to teach chemistry at secondary school, undergraduate and postgraduate levels using appropriate technology available for teaching all 21st century learners and possibly recommending the teaching community to follow the best methods to make the students understand better.
The Department of Chemistry, NIT Warangal is holding an International Conference (virtual mode) on “Conventional and Digital Methods in Chemical Education” during 29th -31st July, 2021. This conference will cover plenary/invited lectures by eminent academicians and scientists practicing the innovative methods in teaching chemical education. Also, there will be oral/poster presentations by young and aspiring faculty members and Ph.D. students on all recent developments in teaching chemical
The lectures, oral/poster presentations during the conference will highlight the significance on the following topics of Chemical Education:
- Teaching methods of general chemistry at elementary/high school and at higher education
- Teaching methods of subject-specific topics (Organic, Inorganic, Physical, Analytical, Environmental Chemistry, etc)
- Developing the Chemistry curriculum in alignment of current challenges in the society and industry
- Developing the laboratory curriculum which enable the student to gain requisite knowledge and practical skills to meet the needs of the industry
- Introduction on the production and usage of virtual laboratories, animations, graphical tools, augmented realities and other relevant computational chemistry tools.
- All academicians teaching Chemistry at College and University level UG/PG courses can apply.
- Interested participants, willing to attend the conference without submitting the abstract, can also register.
- Submission of Abstract: 30-06-2021
- Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract: 01-07-2021
- Last Date for Registration: 15-07-2021
Abstract (not exceeding 500 words) of papers are invited for presentation on topics related to Chemical Education. It should be prepared in MS Word format as provided and sent to the convener at the e-mail: cdmce2021[at]nitw.ac.in.
Dr. Vishnu Shanker
Click here to view the official notification for Virtual Conference on Conventional and Digital Methods in Chemical Education by NIT Warangal.
You may also be interested in:
- Online Course on Modelling & Simulation Tools in Power Electronics by NIT Trichy [July 14-20]: Register by June 20
- Online Symposium on Artificial Intelligence for Visual Application by IIIT Delhi [June 24-28]: Register by June 20
- Online Workshop on Healthcare Innovations during COVID Outbreak by IIITDM Jabalpur [June 25-26]: Registrations Open