As the theme of the symposium, there is a dire need for expanding our knowledge of health care issues qualitatively. Numbers from qualitative research although significantly direct decisions related to treatment and management, do not provide the tacit meaning of observed behaviour.
Moreover, the contextual issues which play a major role in determining health, illness and the responses to stressors need better understanding. This is possible with qualitative research approaches. This symposium is planned with an aim to introduce methods of qualitative understanding to promote quality health care.
- Understand the need for qualitative research in health care.
- Appreciate the qualitative approaches designs
- Describe sampling, methods of data generation & issues related to methods
- Comprehend data analysis and writing up findings
- Understand the importance of rigor and ethical aspects in qualitative research.
- Qualitative Health Care Research- Medical, Nursing, Allied health
- Innovative Qualitative Research Method
- Methodological Issues
- Translating Qualitative Evidence into Practice
- Abstract submission deadline: 20 Oct 2019
- Email notification to presenter: 28 Oct 2019
- Presenter registration deadline: 4 Nov 2019
- Faculty/ Administrators/ PhD Scholars (Medical, Nursing, Allied Health): Rs 2500
- PG Scholars students: Rs 2000
Dept of CNE & Research
Call: 0416 2287017, 9994067829, 8122714847
Email: qualcon2019[at]gmail.com, cnecon[at]cmcvellore.ac.in