About the conference
About 926,400 different insect species have been identified and described. The most well-known insects are those that cause disease or damage agricultural products, but these insects represent only a small number of the world’s insect population. Most insects are beneficial to humans and the environment. Without insects, the environment could not function well.
Insects provide natural services. About 80% of the flowering plants on earth are pollinated by insects. They are also responsible for much of the nutrient cycling, conditioning and aeration of the soil. Insects are excellent indicators of the health of ecosystem. Insects as vectors of disease weaken or kill 200 million people per year. Insect diversity is an important component in the health and wealth of environment.
The level of insect variety has direct impact of change of climate and the climatic factors influence to the congregation, dispersal and shifting of population of insects. Hence, the presentations and discussions which will be focussed on insect diversity will awaken the minds of the participants towards the insect biodiversity and conservation.
- Diversity and Taxonomy of Insect Fauna
- Agricultural, Aquatic and Medical Entomology
- Insect Conservation and Sustainable Development
- Impact of Climate Change and Range Extension of Insect Fauna
- GIS, Remote Sensing and Landscape Ecology
- Use of Molecular Markers in Systematics and Ecology
Who can attend?
Participants include Professors, Scientists, Researchers and Co-ordinators from Universities, Colleges, Research Institutions, and R & D Institutions.
- December 05, 2019: Early Registration opens for Participation
- January 15, 2020: Abstract Submission for Poster Presentation – Deadline
- January 20, 2020: Registration Fee – Deadline for Participation
- February 13 & 14, 2020 : Symposium Dates
- Interested one can fill up the application form via this page.
- Faculty / Scientists / Officials: Rs.1000/- to Rs.2000/-
- Research Scholars Rs.500/- to Rs.1000/-
- A total of around 300 participants will be selected to attend the national symposium.
Rev. Dr S. Maria Packiam, SJ
Tel. : 91-44-28178349, Mobile : +91-9445803415
E-mail: eri[at]loyolacollege.edu /packiamsj[at]loyolacollege.edu