Any woman in the society is free to do anything she wants, any time she wants. Women should be made aware of themselves. They should first be able to convince themselves of their capacity, before they try to convince men. A woman can be intelligent, independent and be feminine at the same time, just as she can be a career woman and a good housewife.
‘Discrimination’, ‘exploitation’ and ‘suppression’ are no words to be used as weapons in the battle of gender. Work is the right of everyone. Women have the right and duty to organize themselves for better protection, and work together with peace, justice and equality for the progress of the nation.
I would throw out the thought that in society at least, the only real sexism comes from people with no sense of reality. Women and men are equally treated in the eyes of the law. Culturally, a woman in India is supposed to remain confined at home for internal domestic routine work and a man on the other hand is the bread earner.
However, due to the spread of education a lot of changes could be observed. However, more than ever, opportunities in becoming educated, serving in law, politics, news reporting, science and technology-in fact, most career opportunities-are open to women in this country. More women across India can give wings to their dream and serve the nation.
Participants are requested to submit their original and unpublished contribution on the following Sub themes:
- Changing role of women in Indian society
- Rights of Women in Law
- Women in Media
- Women in Politics
- Women in Science and Technology
- Women Employment: Impediments and constraints
- Legal Standards and policies for welfare of woman
- Paper presenters may submit the abstract of their paper in about 300 words, along with the Registration Form on or before 20 January, 2020.
- Full length papers, one in hard copy and other in soft copy may be sent to the Director on or before 5 February, 2020.
- Registration Fee for Students and Scholars: Rs. 500/-
- Registration Fee for Academicians, Advocates, Judicial Officers, and other delegates, etc.: Rs. 1,000/
Dr. K. SrigouriI
Cell No: 9849692337