Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT Nagpur) to hold a National Seminar on Recent Practices and Advancement in Mineral Industry (RPAMI) on 21-22 Feb 2020.
About the seminar
In India during the last two decades, mining activities are being planned to work at greater depth in weaker and complex rock masses. Designing of excavations in rock masses whether at the surface or at underground, requires a good understanding of ground conditions. These pose tough challenges to Practicing Mining Engineers and Geologists to design operations safely without comprising Economy and Environment.
Production of minerals comes from surface and underground mining, these mining activities are encountered with various problems. For example one of the important problems in surface mining is the stability of continuously increasing size of slopes and dumps on the other hand ground control is a major issue in underground mining.
It is expected that the National Seminar on “Recent Practices and advancement in Mineral Industry” will be in a position to address all pertinent and relevant issues related to the theme and make a serious attempt to chalk out the agenda for bringing about the much-needed improvement. The seminar will provide a platform to deliberate on various issues which may be useful for Researchers, Academicians, Practicing Mining Engineers, Planners, Environmentalist and Geologists.
- Future agenda of Indian Mining Industry
- Processing of mineral and coal
- Environmental impacts of mining and their solutions
- Conservation of mineral resources
- Advancement in Instrumentation & monitoring
- Numerical modeling and simulation techniques
- Advancement in Production technology
- Challenges of Underground and surface mining
- Mining laws and safety
- Mine ventilation/ hazards and rescue
- Issues of thick/thin seam mining
- Delegate fee: Rs 6000
- Student delegate fee: Rs 2000
- Full paper submission: 31 Dec 2019
- Notification of acceptance: 10 Jan 2020
- The paper may be submitted in MS word limiting to 3000 words to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr A K Agarwal
Dr Ritesh D Lokhande