About the University
Bharathidasan University is located in Tiruchirapalli and endeavours to be true to such a vision of creating in the region a brave new world of academic innovation for social change.
Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli
Themes for the Seminar
- Medical Pluralism
- Folk and Subaltern Medicine
- Textuality and Hegemony of the Classical Medicine
- Caste and the Question of Treatment
- Ruptures between Western and Indigenous Systems of Medicine
- Colonial Medical Policy on Indigenous Medicine
- Gender Inequality
- Institutionalism and Professionalisation
- Religion, Rituals, Miracles and Healing
Call for Papers
Research papers are invited on any themes for presentation at the seminar. Interested contributors are requested to send drafts with abstract (strictly not more than 200 words) typed in Microsoft Word.
The full paper or draft with abstracts should be submitted both in hard and soft copies (to be sent to email@example.com) to the Dept. of History, Bharathidasan University main campus on or before October 10.
- Last Date for Receipt of Submission: October 10
- Last Date for Registration: October 15
- Seminar Dates: October 25-26
For the registration form, click here.
Dr. Y.Srinivasa Rao
Dept of History, Bharathidasan University
For more details, visit the page.