About the Seminar
Higher education institutions around the world are incorporating Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to develop teaching, learning, and research to bridge the educational divides. As defined by UNESCO “Digital learning resources are offered online, freely and openly to teachers, students and independent learners in order to be used, adapted, and expanded in teaching, learning, and research.
These include learning content, software tools to develop, use and distribute, as well as implementation resources.” Recently, Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) have gained momentum in the fields of education and research. Further, this has exemplified the dimensions of researchers for potential and sustainable quality development with regard to demographic, economic, and geographic educational boundaries along with promoting life-long and personalised learning.
OERs are teaching, learning, and research resources that reside in the public domain or have been released under an intellectual property license that permits their free use. MOOCs are a generic term used for all initiatives involving provision of online courses on a massive scale. In view of this, the seminar is designed to deliberate on various facets of OERs and MOOCs.
- To deliberate on the concept of open education through ICT in Higher Education to bridge the divides in education.
- Provide exposure to the participants on OERs.
- Training on development and effective use of MOOCs, its benefits and best practices.
- Discussions and interactions by experts and experience sharing with co-participants from different parts across the country.
- Open Pedagogy and Education Practice
- Open Educational Resources: Development and Usage
- MOOCs and Blended Learning
- Technologies and Tools to Abet Learning via MOOCs and OERs
- Strategies and Models for MOOCs and OERs
- Approach of IPR and its Obligations on MOOCs and OERs
- Best Practices in MOOCs and OERs
Who can participate?
This seminar is intended for multiple audiences including faculty members of all disciplines, higher education administrators, library professionals, and research scholars from all disciplines of academia. A limited number of participants will be allowed to attend the seminar. Papers are to be sent to the Conference Secretariat at seminar.library[at]nludelhi.ac.in.
- Interested one can register to the same via this page
- The event has no registration fee and is with a limited number of seats and participation.
E mail: seminar.library[at]nludelhi.ac.in