Pax et Bellum is looking for academic papers written in English, produced either on a bachelor’s or master’s level. We will publish approximately four papers between 3,000 and 5,000 words, and one paper between 8,000 and 10,000 words (references not included).
Recommended Academic Structure
- Abstract: In 150 words or fewer, outline your research question and conclusion
- Introduction: Present your research question, identify its relevance to the field, and present a clearly-formulated thesis statement.
- Theory and Literature Review: Highlight the research puzzle and position your work against existing scholarship.
- Methodology: Define your terms, operationalize and defend your choice of variables, describe your causal mechanism, and construct your experimental framework. Highlight any theoretical advantages and potential weaknesses. Papers based on primary data collection should also submit an proof of approval from your institution’s ethical board.
- Analysis: Interpret your data within the theoretical structure you provided.
- Conclusions: Summarize your findings, explain their relevance, and illuminate how analysis of your phenomena contributions to Peace and Conflict Studies.
- Bibliography: Cite your sources according to the Chicago Manual of Style. Include all works consulted.
- Author Biography: In approximately 100 words, present your name, university, degree, applicable work experience, and any other relevant information. For papers submitted by multiple authors, please clarify whether there is a main author or all authors contributed equally to the writing process.
- Submissions will be handled through the Submissions Officer to ensure a blind review process.
- Articles selected for potential publication will undergo a first round of peer review.
- Successful peer-reviewed articles will be sent to Content Editors, and then Copy Editors.
- Articles will then go through a process of fact checking and citation verification.
- Layout Editors will compile and design the issue.
- The Journal will be distributed in printed copies and through the websites of Pax et Bellum and Uppsala University’s Department of Peace and Conflict Research.
- Contents: Title, author, abstract, paper, bibliography, short presentation of the author.
- Font and Spacing: Times New Roman, size 12, line spacing 1.5.
- Borders: Top and bottom 2.5cm, left and right 3cm (default).
* Please submit your paper in Word format instead of PDF.
Send your paper along with relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date to submit is January 18, 2019.
For official notification, click here.