About the Conference
SEBI and NISM are glad to invite academicians, researchers, students and other stakeholders to participate in the Second SEBI-NISM Research Conference on “Behavior of Securities Markets – Sighting of Black Swan”. The conference is to be held in the webinar mode during 19-20 February, 2021.
The goal of this conference is to continuously improve the research standards in securities markets, facilitate industry academia interaction and exchange of information and knowledge. The conference aims at providing a platform for every participant to share their unique perspectives, thoughts and knowledge.
This Conference is open for all the researchers, faculty members, market intermediaries in the areas of Finance across the globe.
Call for Papers
The conference themes include the following:
- Securities Market Response to Black Swan Events;
- Corporate Finance Response to COVID-19;
- Regulatory Response to Black Swan Events;
- Impact of Pandemic on Corporate Governance and Disclosure Standards;
- Impact of Technology on Economy and Markets during COVID-19;
- Any Other Topic Related to Conference Theme.
- Dates for the Conference: February 19-20, 2021
- Last date for Submission of Abstract: October 31, 2020
- Last date for Submission of Final Paper: December 10, 2020
- Announcement of Acceptance of Paper for Presentation latest by: January 25, 2021
- Conference Registration Begins: January 5, 2021
- Last Date for Registration: February 15, 2021
SEBI was given statutory powers on April 12, 1992 in accordance with the provisions of the SEBI Act, 1992. SEBI is the regulator of the Indian securities market. The Preamble of SEBI describes the basic functions of SEBI as “…to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.”
The National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) is a public trust established in 2006 by SEBI. The institute carries out a wide range of capacity building activities at various levels aimed at enhancing the quality standards of and increase the participation in the securities markets. The institute’s six schools of excellence work towards creating a professionalized securities markets.
Mr. Ashutosh Kumar
Email Id: ssir[at]nism.ac.in
Mobile No. : 9326022370/7506581992