NCMDAO 2020, the 3rd edition of the National Conference on Multidisciplinary Design, Analysis and Optimization (MDAO), will take place at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Center (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram from 19th -21st March 2020. The conference is jointly organized by VSSC, Design division of the Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI), Thiruvananthapuram Chapters of SSI and ISSE, Mechanical Engineering department of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru and Engineering Design department of the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) and Institute of Technology Bombay(IITB).
It aims to foster communication among academicians, researchers and industry professionals working in the areas of multidisciplinary design, analysis, and optimization through contributed paper presentations, interactive poster sessions, keynote and invited talks, panel discussions and a master class on contemporary topics.
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) is the lead Centre of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) under the Department of Space (DOS), Government of India. The Centre is named in fond memory of Dr Vikram A Sarabhai, the great visionary and the father of Indian Space Programme. VSSC pioneers in rocket research and launch vehicle projects of ISRO.
The Centre also pursues research and development activities in associated areas like propellants, solid propulsion technology, aerodynamics, aero structural and aero thermal fields, avionics, polymers and composites, guidance, control & simulation, computer and information, mechanical engineering, aerospace mechanisms, vehicle integration and testing, space ordnance, chemicals and materials. Systems reliability and quality assurance of all aspects of engineering and operations are studied and evaluated to the levels of perfection required in each field.
- Size, shape and topology optimization
- Meta-modeling or surrogate modeling
- Systems design and optimization
- Model-based systems design and optimization
- Machine learning in optimization
- Inverse problems
- Parameter estimation
- Uncertainty quantification, reliability and robustness in design
- Evolutionary and heuristic methods and algorithms
- Sensitivity analysis methods and applications
- Operations management
- Multiscale and multiphysics problems
- Smart Structures and Materials
- Optimal design for manufacturing and maintenance
- Design and optimization in additive manufacturing
- Case studies in Multidisciplinary Design Optimization
|Abstract registration deadline||December 6, 2019|
|Submission deadline||February 28, 2020|