About the conference
Cities have many faces, they are a conglomerate of multiple entities compressed into a density that is highly challenging for the people who live and work there. High diversity in population, a multilingual environment, the gap between digital possibilities and the reality of the travel experience: The conference in Mumbai will investigate issues, concerns, problems, and solutions surrounding mobility and navigation in cities with high-density populations.
- What can (information) design contribute towards a functioning city?
- How does the design of products, communication, mobility and vehicles respond to mobility needs?
- What information and communication strategies can help avoid mobility breakdown in extreme situations?
- Are the current solutions designed for cities at breaking point?
- How can Universal Design arrive at inclusive solutions that consider the needs of the whole population?
- Can design be instrumental in seeking a holistic understanding of mobility problems?
Who should contribute?
Proposals are invited from professionals in the fields of:
- Design for mobility transformations
- Design for public transport (vehicles, systems, provision)
- Design for wayfinding, signage, orientation
- Design for public spaces, design of environment
- Design for navigation
- Design of public information systems
- Design for transport infrastructure – signs, regulations and management
- Abstract submission deadline: 31 March 2020
- Announcement of acceptance: 30 April 2020
- Speaker and early bird registration deadline: 31 May 2020
The details will be updated soon on the official website.
Tel: +43-676-348 80 53