The tenth International Mathematics Education and Society Conference (MES10) will take place in Hyderabad, India. The concerns of Mathematics Education and Society are of particular importance to countries like India which have a multitude of hierarchies and diversities.
India is at once an ancient civilization with a rich history of mathematics and a postcolonial state struggling to reestablish itself in the terms set by colonizer and now the globalizing west. It has a vast linguistic diversity, several religions, many castes and tribes, and a huge cultural, regional and economic diversity all of which privilege some and marginalize large sections of the learners in complex ways.
It is hoped that MES10 will spark such an engagement not just in India but in other countries in Asia and abroad which do not have a strong tradition of such an engagement.
Call for Papers
The general topics of the conference are:
- Politics of Mathematics Education,
- Cultural and Social Aspects of Teaching and Learning Mathematics,
- Sociology of Mathematics and Mathematics Education,
- Alternative Research Methodologies in Mathematics Education,
- Histories and Philosophies in Mathematics Education.
- Research Papers: Papers could be theoretical papers, empirical research reports or discussion essays addressing themes of relevance to the conference. Length: maximum 10 pages.
- Project presentations: The project description in written form should address a topic of relevance to the conference. Length: maximum 4 pages.
- Symposia: A symposium proposal should include the aims of the symposium, a rationale for its relevance to the conference and a suggested plan for how the symposium will be conducted. Length: maximum 4 pages.
- Posters: A poster proposal should include the aims of the study. It will emphasize the use of appropriate visuals and adequate distribution onto A1 paper size. Length: maximum 4 pages.
- Last Date for Submission: May 15
For more guidelines, visit here.
For any queries, email: email@example.com