CfP: IFIP WG8.6 Working Conference at IIM Trichy [Dec 17-19]: Submit by May 15
IFIP WG8.6 was established in the early ‘90s “to foster understanding and improve research in practice, methods, and techniques in the transfer and diffusion of information technology within systems that are developed, and in the development process ”.
Since that time, the original premises of the working group–how to foster diffusion and adoption–have been overtaken by events. Developments in social media, mobile computing and applications, agile systems development techniques, cloud computing and business analytics can now be said to be viral; the cycle of innovation has sped up, platforms provide quick access to infrastructure, and information spreads on a 24-hour cycle.
These developments, in turn, have impacted the way both organizations and societies engage with transfer and diffusion of information technology (IT) systems within and between organizations, in interactions with customers, and in society in general. The question is no longer how to adopt and diffuse IT systems, but how to quickly assess and manage those that best serve the larger purposes of businesses and societies.
Call for papers
- Track 01: Fin-Tech Applications
- Track 02: Big Data and Analytics
- Track 03: Internet of Things
- Track 04: Artificial Intelligence/AS
- Track 05: Cloud Computing and Digital Innovation
- Track 06: Healthcare IT
- Track 07: Emerging technology in consumer decision making and choice
- Track 8: Blockchain
- Track 09: Smart Cities and Digital Government
- Track 10: Social Media
- Track 11: Emerging Technologies in e-governance
- Track 12: Adoption of Mobile & Platform based Application
- Track 13: IT and Disaster Management
- Track 14: General adoption and diffusion
- Track 15: Conference Theme
|Paper Submission Opens:||15 August 2019|
|Paper Submission Deadline:||15 May 2020|
|Authors Notification:||30 June 2020|
|Final Submission:||31 July 2020|
|Early Bird Registration:||31 August 2020|
|Conference Dates:||17–19 December 2020|
|Developed Countries||USD 300|
|Developing Countries||USD 200|
For more details, click here.
About the Author