India is one if the fastest growing economies and has western style legal systems and well-developed capital markets that are integrated with global systems. Regulators in India have been aggressively developing legal frameworks to handle complex issues in the area of corporate governance.
This conference aims to provide a unique platform where academics, practitioners, corporate executives and regulators can get together to understand the intricacies of corporate governance practices, regulations and their costs and benefits to various stakeholders in India and USA.
The conference will allow US academics and other global nations’ participants as well as investors to get a first-hand perspective on corporate governance practices, rules, regulations and challenges from various parts of the world. It will be an opportunity for the stakeholders of global businesses to understand how various economic, cultural and social norms interact to produce an optimal set of governance policies.
Call for Papers
IIM Bangalore and FIU Business are currently accepting papers for the 2019 inaugural conference. This joint conference will focus on theoretical and applied work and their implications related to the themes of global corporate governance issues.
Some suggested topics, but not limited to, include:
- Future of Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance in Large Public Companies, Government Companies, Start-ups versus Family-oriented Business
- Diversity in Corporate Boards
- Cyber Law and Corporate Governance
- How Regulators Evaluate Corporate Governance Structure
PDF submissions are preferred. The document must be in double space format using 12-point size. The submission should contain: The title, name(s) of the author(s) affiliations(s), and e-mail IDs of the authors and contact phone numbers. Papers may be submitted by e-mail to:
- Professor S. Raghunath: email@example.com
- Professor Krishnan Dandapani: Dandapan@fiu.edu
For registration click here.
- Submission Deadline: March 01, 2019
- Acceptance Notification: April 01, 2019
For any queries, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org