About the Conference
The practical problems associated with transportation systems engineering in many developing countries including India and developed countries are different and complex. Therefore, researchers and agencies have been working to tackle these challenges and to identify implementable solutions for various transportation engineering-related problems as per prevailing conditions.
In this direction, TPMDC 2020 brings an ideal platform for researchers, practitioners, and agencies to share their experience and practical solutions to various transportation engineering problems. This conference invites extended abstract related to various themes under the umbrella of transportation systems engineering.
The TPMDC conference is being organized by the Transportation Systems Engineering (TSE) group of the Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India. The TSE group started in 1988 and currently has seven faculty members and more than fifty graduate students, working in various research areas. TPMDC workshop/conference started in 1996 and conducted biannually at IIT Bombay.
However, considering the Covid-19 pandemic, the organizing committee has decided to organize the 13th version of TMPDC in online mode on 10 and 11 December 2020.
Call for papers
- Track I: Activity and Transport Demand
- Track II: Emerging Travel Technologies
- Track III: Pavement Materials, Analysis and Design
- Track IV: Sustainable Land Use Transport Planning
- Track V: Traffic Management, Operations, and Safety
- Track VI: Transport and Mobility Networks
- Track VII: Transport Economics, Finance, Policy and Governance
- Submission deadline for extended abstracts: August 30, 2020
- Notification of acceptance of extended abstracts: October 31, 2020
- Registration deadline: November 15, 2020
- Conference date: December 10 and 11, 2020
Conference on Transportation Planning & Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries by IITB.