According to the survey data from UNESCO, 1635 native languages (of which about 197 are classified as between endangered and vulnerable) are spoken in India by indigenous people, which represent 8.6% of the total population. In the changing scenario of the imbalanced interaction between ecology and survival, a pressing concern towards language extinction and possible loss of custom, tradition, prescription and prohibition associated with the language, has also emerged.
UN Resolution A/RES/61/266, Articles 29 and 30 of Indian constitution seek the preservation and protection of all languages and linguistic empowerment. In spite of the mandates, some of the indigenous languages are at threshold of extinction. There is a necessity to assess the efforts, strategies and policies towards the preservation and protection of endangered languages.
The conference will explore various domains of language revitalization. The broad objective of the conference is to develop a framework for language policy to protect and preserve endangered languages in India.
Call for Papers
Papers dealing with literature and the intersections of literature, media and performance are welcome.
The conference also encourages submission in the following sub-themes:
- Indigenous Languages and Orthography Development
- Dictionary-making in Indigenous Languages
- Colonialism and Social Justice in Language Revitalization
- Digital Humanities, Language Documentation and Archiving
- Media and Language Revitalization
- Language Revitalization and Curriculum Designing
- Folk Literature, Games and Performance Studies
- Language Mapping: Issues, Methodologies and Challenges
For the complete list, visit here.
- The abstract should not exceed 600 words and list four to five keywords that describe the context of the research.
- The topic chosen should be in relation to themes and sub-themes of the conference and needs to be formatted in Times New Roman, font size 12.
- Submissions to be made through EasyChair. The papers found suitable will be called for post-conference proceeding.
- Submission for Abstract: Apr 30
- Notification of Acceptance of Abstract: May 10
- Submission of the full paper: May 30
- Submission of Camera Ready paper: Jun 25
- Registration: Jun 5
For any queries, contact
Dr. Seema Kumari Ladsaria
Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org