About the college
The Maruthi College of Physical Education (MCPE) is one of the institutions in the Vidyalaya which was started in the year 1956. The college building was formally opened by Acharya Vinobaji on 22 September 1956. College was recognized with 2f and 12B by UGC in the year 1971. Courses (B.P.Ed. and M.P.Ed.) are approved by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
University Grants Commission has conferred autonomous status from the academic year 2007-2008. UGC team visited our college during March, 2017 and extended the autonomous status till 2022. The college was re-accredited by NAAC in the year 2016. Tamil Nadu Physical Education Sports University, Chennai, has approved our college as “Research Centre in December, 2013, which enables our college to conduct MPhil full-time and PhD part time/full time programmes.
- Global health is the health of population in the global context; it has been defined as the area of study, research and practice that places a priority on improving health and achieving equity in health for all people worldwide
- Happiness is a sense of well-being, joy, or contentment. When people are successful, or safe, or lucky they feel happiness. The pursuit of happiness is something this country is based on and different people feel happiness for different reasons. Whenever doing something causes happiness, people usually want to do more of it.
- World Harmony is about facilitating a life-style of synchronicity where the whole supports the one and the one supports the whole. World Harmony is designed for everyone-individuals like you and me that want to make a positive difference in how we live, work and play.
- Yoga is a science of human consciousness and an ancient science with integrated systems which can open our hidden potentials. Our qualities of love, joy, security, confidence, discrimination, intelligence and intuition, higher abilities and awareness expand as we practice yoga.
- Yoga for Happiness
- Yoga for Health
- Yoga for Harmony
- Yoga for general fitness
- Yoga for de-stress
- Yoga for mental well being
- Yoga and research
- Yoga for corporate and IT personnel
- Yoga for sports performance
- Yoga for psychosomatic disorders
- Yoga for children, adults, women and old age people
- Yoga for disabled
Paper Submission Last Date : 15 February 2020
Interested delegates may fill the enclosed registration form with a DD drawn in favour of The Principal, Maruthi College of Physical Education, payable at Coimbatore. The registration fee includes conference kit, working lunch, refreshments and admittance to all sessions.
- Delegates: 1500/-
- Research Scholars/Students: 1000/
Dr. Ch. VST SAIKUMAR
Phone: (422) 2692443