ICoRD’21 is the eighth in a series of conferences intended to be held every two years in India to bring together the international community from diverse areas of design practice, education and research. It will be held during 7th to 9th January 2021 at the IDC School of Design, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai.
It aims to showcase cutting edge research about design to the stakeholders; aid the ongoing process of developing and extending the collective vision through emerging research challenges and questions; and provide a platform for interaction, collaboration and development of the community in order for it to take up the challenges to realize the vision. The conference is intended for all stakeholders of design, and in particular for its practitioners, researchers, pupils and educators.
- Application of Design Knowledge in Practice (Automotive, Aerospace, Biomedical Devices, etc.)
- Design Evaluation and Optimisation
- Design Ideation, Creativity and Synthesis
- Design Modelling, Prototyping, Simulation and Visualisation
- Design of/for User Interfaces, User Experience and Human Computer Interaction
- Design Theory and Research Methodology
- Eco-Design, Sustainable Manufacturing, Design for Sustainability
- Fablabs, Makerspaces and Design Spaces
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
- Design Aesthetics, Semiotics, Semantics
- Design for X (Safety, Manufacture & Assembly, Cost, Reliability, Robustness, Social Interaction, etc.)
- Design Management, Knowledge Management and Product Life Cycle Management
- Design of Systems, Services and Product Service Systems
- Design Teams, Collaboration, Communication
- Design Training and Education
- Enabling Technologies & Tools (Computer-Aided Conceptual Design, Augmented/Virtual Reality, MEMS, Haptics, Smart Technologies, IoT, Cobotics, etc.)
- Human Factors in Design (Physical and Cognitive Ergonomics; Design for Emotions, etc.)
- Lexicon, Taxonomy, Ontology, Machine Learning and Data-driven Design
- Abstract submission deadline: 1 Feb 2020
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 01 March 2020
- Full paper submission deadline: 15 May 2020
- Notification of paper acceptance: 01 August 2020
- Revised paper submission: 01 September 2020
The registration link will be active soon on the official website.
Phone: +91 80 2293 3136
For more details, click here.