CfP: Conference on Research in Indian Music & Dance at Jain University, Bangalore [Jan 18]: Submit by Sep 30
Indian Music and Dance have flourished over the centuries as traditional systems of learning. Knowledge of music and dance was handed down in India through generations mainly from teacher to student. From the last 19th century onwards, institutions were set up for the teaching of Indian music and dance and subsequently formal research in these disciplines was born. In the present day, there are a plethora of data sources available due to meticulous documentation being done earlier.
However, there is a great need to strengthen research methodologies in Indian music and dance, integrating them with traditional knowledge. Therefore, the focus of the present conference is to examine the methodologies and challenges pertaining to “Research in Indian Music and Dance”.
- Challenges in Research in Indian Music and Dance
- Data Sources for Research in Indian Musci and Dance
- Methodologies of Research
- Research in Universities pertaining to it
- Research problems pertaining to Historical studies
- Research problems pertaining to Contemporary Indian Music & Dance
- Recent trends
- Indian Music & dance: Research & Performance
- The contribution of non-Indian scholars to Indian Music & Dance research
- Interdisciplinary research pertaining to it
- Indian Music & dance: Research vs documentation
- Oral traditions in it
- Applicability of Statistics methods to research in it
- Research funding for it
- Abstract submission: 30 Sep 2019
- Acceptance of Abstract: 19 Oct 2019
- Submission of full paper: 18 Dec 2019
- Faculty: Rs. 1500
- Research Scholars: Rs 1000
- MA Students: Rs. 500
- Freelance Research: Rs. 2000
Abstract & the paper must be emailed to jainuniversity.performingarts[at]gmail.com.
Call: 9845287173, 9880080812
For more details, click here.
About the Author