About the University
The Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod, came into being in 2009 under the Central Universities Act 2009 (Parliament Act No. 25 of 2009). The University is founded on the noble vision of a ‘caring wisdom’and is guided by the lofty ideals of academic and social commitment, moral steadfastness and intellectual and spiritual enlightenment, as reflected in its vision statement.
About the Conference
Addiction to drugs, alcohol or tobacco has been an epidemic to the world. Despite the number of legislations, schemes, advertisements, programmes and the number of people getting addicted to these is on increase day by day.From mere experimentation to addiction, the distance is short. A person who is addicted to illicit substances becomes socially, financially, psychologically and morally shrunk and depleted.
Considering the need of the hour, an appreciable endeavour is now being proposed by the National Institute of Social Defence, under the Guidance of the Ministry of Social Justice and Welfare. The Department of Social Work, Central University of Kerala in association with the National Institute of Social Defence is organising a National Conference on Public – Private – Community Partnership in the Prevention & Management of Drug Abuse.
SAY NO TO DRUGS
- Substance abuse in various walks of life.
- Substance abuse and social problems.
- Risk and protective factors in substance abuse.
- Handling stigma with related to the treatment seeking and the effectiveness of de-addiction programmes.
- Promoting physical and mental health of a person who is using substances.
- Role of health care providers, media and social support groups in the prevention of substance abuse.
- Psychosocial interventions and support system for the prevention and management of substance abuse.
- Promoting community partnership models.
- Substance abuse prevention laws, programmes and policy changes.
- Research studies and education on substance abuse.
- Scope of public – private partnership in substance abuse
Abstract should NOT be more than 250 words with headings such as introduction, methodology, results, conclusion and keywords (3-5 keywords) Times New Roman style, font size 12, 1.5 spacing in a single file in MS Word format.Abstract should contain title of the paper, name, designation and institutional affiliation of authors, contact details (e-mail id & phone number of presenting author at the end of the abstract.
Abstract should be sent to: email@example.com
- Registration for the Conference Students: Rs.300
- Local Students: Rs. 200
- Group Registration for Students (Min 6 Students): Rs. 1000
- Ph.D & M. Phil Scholars: Rs.500
- Faculty: Rs. 1000
- Practitioners: No Registration fee
Registration form is available here.
- Last date for abstract submission: 5 November 2018
- Intimation of the selected paper: 7 November 2018
- Last date for full paper submission: 5 December 2018
- Dr. Jilly John (Asst. Professor & Conference Convenor) – 9746342928.
- Mr. Aneesh M S. Ph.D Scholar- 9995392312.
- Mrs. Akhila Sivan. Ph.D Scholar- 9961318621.