CfP: Conference on Postmodern Feminist Paradigm at Kuvempu University [Mar 12-13]: Submit by Mar 4
About the conference
Feminism in India is a set of movements aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, and social rights and equal opportunities for women in India. It is the pursuit of women’s rights within the society of India. Feminism does not particularly talk of equality and rights of a woman but it is more about compassion, respect and understanding from the male counterparts.
Postmodern Feminism is a particular kind of Postmodernism and a particular kind of feminist theory that has become prominent in feminist thinking over the last couple decades. The goal of postmodern feminism is to destabilize the patriarchal norms entrenched in society that have led to gender inequality.
Postmodern feminists seek to accomplish this goal through rejecting essentialism, philosophy, and universal truths in favour of embracing the differences that exist amongst women. Postmodern Feminism has resulted in some of the most ground breaking research in the last twenty years. To understand and sympathizes the sensibility of postmodern feminism it is important to observe that Indian feminist present altogether different picture sequence.
In this context, The Women’s Study Centre at Kuvempu University proposes to organize a national conference on ‘Postmodern Feminist Paradigm: Indian Experience and Strategies for Development“. The conference, in its humble way, makes an attempt to bring all stakeholders together on a single platform related to the above conference theme and achieve a synergetic outcome.
Call for papers
- Feminist Paradigm: Concept, Theories and Methodologies
- Feminism: Contemporary Ideology and Issues
- Indian Feminist Strategies for Development
- Feminism and Indian Law: Women Protection
- Feminism and Indian Philosophers: Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, Jawaharlal Nehru and Mahatma Gandhi etc.
- Feminism Movement, Empowerment, and Development: Political, Economic, Educational and Social
- Feminism Arts and Literature
- Health and Nutrition
- Feminism: Poverty, Politics, Governance and Power
- Feminism and Entrepreneurship
- Last date for submission of full papers: 4th March 2020
- Intimation of acceptance of full paper: 5th March 2020
- Conference Date: 12th & 13th March 2020.
- Conference Paper Participants (Faculty and Others): Rs.1200/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 800/-
- Students: Rs. 500/-
- On-the-spot registration fee: Rs. 1500/-
Prof. S. Padmamma
Mobile No. 9480467748
For more details, click here.
About the Author