About the conference
International Conference on Autophagy and lysosomes at IISc Bangalore is to celebrate innovative and pioneering research on autophagy and lysosome biology. Moreover, this meeting will focus on inter-organelle communication, their contacts and biogenesis particularly related to autophagy processes and lysosome function.
Further, the meeting will foster the exchange of scientific ideas between younger PIs, international mentors/field experts and students that may lead to collaborations and sharing of resources. Overall, this conference bridges the perspective scientists from both the arms of organelle biology will certainly enhance our understanding of basic cell biology.
Cellular homeostasis is governed not only by anabolic processes but is also dependent on effective and efficient catabolic mechanisms that turnover damaged and superfluous cytoplasmic contents. Lysosomes are sites for degradation of cellular cargo and recycling of the breakdown products for de novo macromolecule synthesis. On the other hand, autophagy pathway has this unique “Pac Man” like ability to capture damaged cytoplasmic substances and deliver it to lysosomes.
Thus, autophagy makes an indispensable contribution to the lysosomal prowess of collecting, degrading and recycling cellular trash. Needless to say, every major disease has an almost direct connection to the optimal functioning of autophagy and lysosomes. These studies clearly pose a requirement for a conference to discuss these aspects.
- Lysosomes: Biogenesis, function, regulations, signaling and disease
- Autophagy: Assembly, mechanism, associated disease
- Cross talk/ interplay/ interconnection between autophagy and lysosomes
- Lysosome function & biogenesis
- Lysosome dysfunction and associated disease
- Autophagy assembly mechanism, turnover, signaling
- Autophagy alternations in disease
- Interconnection between autophagy and lysosomes
- Last date for Abstract submission: 30th Nov 2019
- Registration ends: 15th Dec 2019
The registration fee for the conference is Rs.6000/- for Indian faculty, Rs.3000/- for Indian students, US$250 for foreign faculty and US$100/- for foreign students. The registration charges will cover meals as per the schedule and the conference kit (excluding accommodation).
Prof. Subba Rao Gangi Setty (Convener)
Phone: +91-80-22932297 (office)