The Department of Metallurgical Engineering at IIT (BHU) is the first department to be established in India, in 1923. Being the pioneer department of its time, the Department has produced numerous alumni who have attained great positions in the field of metallurgy and material science. The research scholars of the department have attained respectable faculty positions in metallurgical engineering departments all across the country.
Metals and alloys along with various minerals and products or by products such as waste rock, tailings, slag, dross, fly ash etc. are being recycled through different techniques in different locations of the world. Recovery of useful metals from solid and liquid streams is one of the biggest challenges of today’s world.
In this context the International Conference on Management and Recycling of Metallurgical Wastes (MetWaste-2020) focuses on recycling of all kind of metallurgical wastes generated during the extraction of metals from the ores and its fabrication. This international conference shall serve as the platform for academicians, industrialists and practitioners alike to present their work and exchange new developments in the area of recycling and management of various kinds of the metallurgical wastes.
Call for Papers
Abstracts of prospective full length articles are invited on the various mentioned below.The major topics enlisted (but not limited to) are as under:
- Process wastes: Mineral processing, effluents, sludges, residues etc
- Metallurgical wastes: slags, dross, dusts and fumes.
- Hazardous metallurgical wastes.
- Electronic wastes
- Battery wastes
- Chemical wastes: disposal and management of toxic chemicals
- Metal recycling: Ferrous, Non-ferrous, Precious metals
- Fly ash: management and mitigation
- Recycling and Recovery methodology: Physical, mechanical and Chemical
- Purification and separation techniques
- Abstract Submission: August 4th,2019
- Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract: August 11th,2019
- Submission of Full Paper: August 31st,2019
- Intimation of Acceptance of Full Paper: September 8th,2019
- Submission of Camera Ready Paper: September 22nd,2019
- Last date for Registration: September 31st,2019
For any queries, e-mail: email@example.com