About the conclave
Malnutrition continues to be the leading risk factor for disease burden in India. Undernutrition results from multi dimensional deprivation of nutritious diet, optimal care, feeding practices, access to health care or from a person’s inability to absorb nutrients. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), malnutrition is the gravest single threat to global public health.
At present, there are ample issues arising from malnutrition which cannot be neglected. Malnutrition hurts people both physically and mentally. It affects directly or indirectly to the nations’ economic development, environmental sustainability, social inclusion and good governance. India has reached the make-or-break point in the battle against hunger and in increased malnutrition ratio.
The nutrition status of children is closely linked with that of women during periods of preconception, pregnancy and lactation stage. Besides the risk of their own health, undernourished mothers are also more likely to give birth to children who suffer from stunted physical and cognitive development and low birth weight.
- Theme 1: Public Health Nutrition: Trends and Determinants
- Theme 2: Food Security and Public Policy
- Theme 3: Convergence and Divergence issues related to Public Health Nutrition
- Theme 4: Economics of Public Health Nutrition and Food Security
- Theme 5: Equity in Tribal Health and Nutrition
- Theme 6: Role of Media in Addressing Malnutrition
- Last date for receipt of Abstracts / full paper: 25 December 2019
- Date of intimation for acceptance of Abstracts/ full paper: 1 January 2020
- Last date for receipt of full-length paper: 15 January 2020
- Last date for registration: 16 January 2020
Abstracts/full papers, approximately 300 words and 6000 words, should be sent electronically to the convenor (Email: email@example.com) with the subject ‘Abstract/full paper for conclave, NITRourkela’. The abstract should contain: Title of the Paper, Thematic Area, Authors Affiliations and contact details, Statement of the Problem, The Objective of the Study, Methodology, Results and Findings and Conclusion.
Mr. Niranjan Bariyar
Email: coephn.nitr[at]gmail.com, niranjan.cdn[at]gmail.com
Ph No: 9938715940