The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) is a registered society under Public Societies Registration Act, formed in 1960. It is one of the oldest and largest bodies of professional econometricians and quantitative economists with more than 2000 members from all over India and abroad. TIES organizes an annual conference where experts from all over India and abroad participate and deliberate on various issues.
TIES also publishes half-yearly ‘Journal of Quantitative Economics’ released in the months of January and July.
Objectives of The Indian Econometric Society
The Indian Econometric Society was formed in 1960 and the objective of the Society is:
- To organize conferences on the issues of econometrics in order to provide a forum for economists, mathematicians, and statisticians of India and abroad;
- To promote development of econometric methodology and techniques in general and with special reference to Indian conditions and problems in particular;
- To undertake and organize training and research and to publish the results of econometric studies from time to time, through its own journal or other media; and
- To undertake any other activity, which in the opinion of the General Body of the Council, advance the aims and objects of the society.
About the Conference and the Call for Papers:
- The 54th Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society is scheduled to be held at
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu, from 7th to 9th March 2018.
- Dr. TCA Anant, Chief Statistician of India and Secretary, Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation, Government of India, is the Conference President.
- The Society welcomes research papers that fall in the broader area of quantitative economics.
- All those who are interested in submitting papers for the Conference should send the softcopy of the full paper and the abstract (300 words) to Dr. K Shanmugan at firstname.lastname@example.org and one copy to Secretary at email@example.com.
- For accommodation and other local logistical details, please contact Local Organizers, Dr. Pabitra Kumar Jena, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The last date for submission of papers is 31st December 2017.
- Communication about the acceptance of papers will be conveyed to the authors by the middle of January 2018.
- Life Members are requested to communicate the change of postal address and e-mails, if any, to the Secretary, TIES, at the earliest.
For Official Website, please visit the link given here