Submissions are now invited from amateur and professional photographers for the CEWE Photo Award 2021.
The CEWE Photo Award connects people who are enthusiastic about photography and celebrates the beauty of our world. The world’s largest photo competition is back in its fourth edition with the motto “Our world is beautiful”. Photos can be submitted in ten different categories.
Win the coveted award and one of 1,000 prizes on offer, worth a total of 250,000 euros! CEWE will donate 10 cents to SOS Children’s Villages worldwide for every photo submitted.
- First Prize: The first prize winner will enjoy a holiday of their choice worth EUR 15,000, EUR 7,500 of photography equipment, and EUR 2,500 of CEWE products, as well as an award presented to them personally at a special awards ceremony in Germany.
- Second Prize: Second to Tenth place winners will each receive EUR 5,000 of photography equipment and EUR 2,500 of CEWE products.
- Third Prize: Eleventh to Thirtieth place will receive EUR 2,500 of photography equipment and EUR 1,000 of CEWE vouchers.
- Fourth Prize: Those placed from 31st up to 1000th will win a voucher worth EUR 100, redeemable across the full CEWE product range.
In addition, three winners will be chosen each month, independent from category or country. The monthly winners will each receive a voucher for CEWE photo products worth 100 euros.
Photos can be submitted in ten different categories:
- Architecture and technology
- Food and Cooking
- Travel and Culture
- Hobby and Leisure
- Aerial photos
The jury focuses, above all, on the quality of the photograph (focus, exposure, composition, etc.) and how well the idea behind the photograph meets the requirements of the competition. The photograph must be good in every respect: from its suitability for the selected category to its composition. In order for a photograph to be shortlisted, the following criteria must be met:
- The photograph must be a suitable size: at least 1,920 x 1,080 pixels.
- There must only be one image in each file; no collages.
- There must be no frame, graphical elements, or evident image manipulation.
- There must be no text on the image (e.g. the photographer’s name or copyright notice).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is May 31, 2021.
For further details, click here.