Development Communication is distinct from communication used by corporates and for-profit organizations. Whether it is advocacy, research communication, or fund-raising, the underlying principle in development communication is social good and sustainability which needs to be factored into all communication. This creates a whole new language, syntax, style, and outputs that are used only by this sector.
The program will unpack development communication, and in the process provide participants with guidelines, frameworks, tips, and tools which could be put to use straightaway.
- Learn the art of writing clearly, concisely and cohesively, including referencing.
- Participants understand the principles and processes in campaign design, and how to develop a successful format.
- Participants become familiar with globally accepted templates for development communication outputs: Reports, policy briefs, policy memos, concept notes, and proposal writing.
- Learn how to turn case studies into human interest stories for the print, broadcast, and social media to increase their reach and impact on civil society.
- Discover what is business storytelling, when to use stories, the six types of stories, and how to tell a persuasive story—the script.
- Participants gain an understanding of how to become a better public speaker, what goes into the presentation checklist, and how to use visuals and presentation structures in presentations.
4 Day Writing Workshop:
- Writing Skills: Conciseness, Cohesiveness and Consistency
Paragraphing, introductions, conclusions, essential style guide, referencing
- Cialdini’s Theory of Influence, the Adoption Curve, and Campaign Design
Campaign objectives, strategy, key messages, stakeholders, tactics, budgets, M&E
- Writing Outputs: Policy-influencing and Fund-raising Outputs
Reports, policy briefs, policy memos, proposals, concept notes: Templates and drafting
- Writing Outputs: Civil Society Advocacy Outputs
Media stories, blogging, social media: Turning case studies into human interest stories
Half Day Electives
- For the 4 day workshop: Rs. 20,000 + 18% GST
- Each additional half day elective: Rs. 2,500 + 18% GST
Download and fill the registration form here, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 March, 2018.
For any queries, mail: email@example.com