The University of Madras is conducting an Online Certificate Course in School Counselling from August 24 to November 9, 2020.
The University of Madras or Madras University is a public state university in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Established in 1857, it is one of the oldest universities in India, incorporated by an Act of Legislative Council of India under the British government.
- Classical & Contemporary Theories of Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Basic Skills of Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Theories of Child Development.
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Developmental Challenges.
- Counselling Primary, Middle & High School Children.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) for School Children.
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions for School Children.
- Play & Expressive Art Therapy (EAT) for School Children.
- Healthy Parenting Skills for Parents.
- Interpersonal Relationship Skills for Children at School.
- Creative Problem Solving & Coping Strategies for Teachers/ Staff.
- Resource Rooms & Group Work.
- Ethics of Counselling.
Students who want to get trained in School Counselling; Professionals who want to hone their skills as School Counsellors; Special Educators who want to add on to their competencies; Those who aspire to become School Counselors and School Teachers are invited to apply.
- UG/ PG Degree in Psychology/ Special Education/ Education.
- School Teachers with min. 5 yrs of work experience.
- Mental Health Professional.
In order to get the course certificate candidates should:
- Have a minimum of 90% attendance during the classes.
- Submit all the required assignments & project work.
- Score a minimum of 60% score in the online exam.
The course fee is INR 8000 (The fee includes registration fees, tuition fees, study material & certificate fees.)
Interested candidates can register online for the course by clicking here.
For full notification, click the link below.