The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore invites applications for an Online Certificate Course on Media & Mental Health from July to August 2021.
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences is a medical institution in Bengaluru, India. NIMHANS is the apex centre for mental health and neuroscience education in the country. It is an Institute of National Importance that operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- To train the media professionals and media students on the role of sensible media reporting related to mental health issues.
- To strengthen skills for content writing with regards to mental health for media professionals & students.
- To understand the impact of sensationalized reporting on mental health on media and to promote factual & sensitive portrayal on mental health.
- To eliminate the stigma associated with mental illness through appropriate media awareness and responsible reporting.
- Module1: Mental illness & stigma an overview
- Module 2: Mental Health promotion
- Module 3: Responsible Media Reporting
- Module 4: Social & emerging media
- Module 5: Skill development and practical exposure
- Media professionals (Journalists working with visual, digital or print media) with 2 years of working experience.
- Media students (Diploma with 2 years of experience or Master’s Degree in Media studies, Mass Communication, Journalism, and Visual communication-related courses).
The registration fee is INR 2700. To register for the course, click here.