The Computer and Information Technology Centre, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore is organizing a Certificate Course on Basic Network Administration with Switching & Routing from April 21 to 24, 2021.
With the increased reliance on the Internet for various day-to-day activities, it becomes essential to manage networks effectively without downtime and issues. An integral part of network administration is configuring, managing various network equipment like Switches and Routers. This certificate course will introduce and give necessary hands-on experience of Switching and Routing.
Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (IIT Indore or IITI), located in Madhya Pradesh, is one of the Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India in 2009. It is one of the eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 which declares eight new IITs as well as the conversion of Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University to IIT.
- Understanding basic concepts and functions of network components (Routers, L2 and L3 switches, Next-generation Firewalls, Access points, wireless Controllers). Overview of Switching, Local Area Network, Virtual LAN.
- Creating a LAN with layer 2 switches (different topologies), Demonstration of various commands used to configure Layer 2 switches. Demonstration of Virtual LAN creation, Working of Spanning Tree Protocol.
- Switching Fabric, Ternary Content Addressable Memory, Types of Switches (Ethernet, Fiber Optic) and ports, Optical Fiber communication.
- Demonstration of different types of ports in switches. Optical Transceiver (Small Form Factor).
- Overview of Routing, Subnetting, and Supernetting, Private and Public IP addresses, Network Address Translation, Routing Algorithms, Distance Vector Routing.
- Configuring a subnetted network, Verifying the Routing table, Basic Router configuration.
- Routing Information Protocol, Overview of OSPF, Overview of BGP.
- Implementing NAT with a router, Implementing a Basic access control list with the router.
Who can Attend?
Fresh engineering graduates, diploma holders aspiring for a career in computer network management. Students of CSE or IT who are in the 3rd and final year of their degree program has a passion for networking. IT professionals working in industries.
The registration fee is INR INR 3000 +540 GST =3540/-. To register online, click here.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.