Deadline to submit applications:
04-SEP-17 23:59 CET (for Selection Committee 21-NOV-17)
The Fellowship Programme at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, is addressed to graduates from universities or higher technical institutes in a wide range of applied sciences, computing and engineering with limited or no work experience.
Senior Fellowships are awarded to doctorate (PhD or equivalent) graduates whereas Junior Fellowship are intended for BSc or MSc graduates looking to work in a research group.
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate State. However, a limited number of positions are also available to young scientists from Non-Member States with a Senior profile.
- You have graduated or are about to graduate with a university degree (BSc level or above) or a technical engineer qualification. NB: Applicants who are currently preparing a diploma are eligible to apply. However, they are expected to have obtained their qualification by the time they take up their appointment at CERN.
- Either, you have a MSc level diploma or above with no more than 10 years relevant experience (PhD studies are counted as relevant experience); or you have no more than a BSc or a technical engineer diploma with a maximum of 4 years relevant experience. In both cases, experience is only counted from the time the highest diploma is obtained.
- If applying in experimental or theoretical physics fields, you have a PhD or are about to finish your thesis.
- Non-Member State candidates seeking a postdoc in Theoretical Physics should apply for the Non-Member State Postdoc Fellowship Programme (Theoretical Physics).
- Stipend range: 5165 CHF to 7963 CHF per month (stipends are calculated individually, are competitive and net of tax).
- Contract duration is 6 months to three years, typical duration is two years. It can be exceptionally possible to extend for all or part of a 3rd year.
- Travel expenses at the beginning and end of the contract (depending on individual circumstances).
- Installation indemnity (depending on individual circumstances).
- Family allowance, child allowance, infant allowance (depending on individual circumstances).
- Pension Fund membership (contribution automatically deducted from stipend).
- Membership of the Health Insurance scheme (contribution automatically deducted from stipend).
- Full remuneration for the first 12 months of sick leave. Medical certificate required for any absence of more than three consecutive days.
- 40 hours working week.
- 5 days paid annual leave per month.
- CERN housing service helps finding local accommodation; visa service; social affairs service.