The Centre for Policy Research is a non-profit, non-partisan independent institution dedicated to conducting research that contributes to the production of high quality scholarship, better policies, and a more robust public discourse about the structures and processes that shape life in India.
The Initiative on Climate, Energy and Environment at the Centre for Policy Research produces research, informs public opinion and generates debate on climate, energy and environment policy at international, national and sub-national levels.
Position: Research Assistant, Initiative on Climate, Energy and Environment, Centre for Policy Research (full-time)
This job requires the candidate to support the Initiative on Climate, Energy and Environment (ICEE) team on multiple activities, including research, communications and general project support.
The candidate will assist CPR Fellows and Senior Fellows with research on India’s energy policy and strategy as required. The work will also involve assisting with production of publications, such as referencing and editing.
The role further involves supporting the organization of stakeholder workshops to aid and/or disseminate the research produced by ICEE, managing the team’s online activity as well as tracking publications and sector specific developments. She/he will also take on general project management tasks.
Finally, the candidate will also get the opportunity to be involved with various events within and outside CPR relevant to their research interests and engage with a broader community of researchers and practitioners.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant social sciences area, engineering or public policy, with demonstrated research ability, and interest in public policy.
- Strong competence in basic software programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience with editorial tasks, and strong communication skills are required
- Demonstrated interest in energy or climate policy is desirable
- Ability to undertake simple quantitative analysis (not necessarily statistical analysis) and literacy and comfort with numbers is desirable
How to apply
Please send in your CV along with a Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Application: Research Assistant – Energy 2018”.
Note: All applications will be reviewed starting immediately, and the position will be open until filled.
For official notification, click here.