The Centre for Brain Research (CBR) invites applications from eligible and highly motivated applicants for admission to full-time Ph.D. Program beginning on 1st October 2020. It is a recognized research center for the Ph.D. program with the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Karnataka. The Ph.D. degree will be awarded by MAHE.
The Centre for Brain Research (CBR), set up as an autonomous center of the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. CBR will help foster focussed research programs and build capacity for interdisciplinary neuroscience research in the country that would set the stage to contribute in a significant manner.
- The Ph.D. program accepts students from a master’s degree in any branch of science or a four-year bachelor’s degree in any branch of Medicine/ Engineering/ Technology/ Veterinary Science/ Pharmacy/ Biostatistics.
- Students willing to work in the areas of the neurobiology of disease, human genetics, computational biology, magnetic resonance imaging, and spectroscopy are encouraged to apply.
- Preference would be given to those who have qualified national level fellowship tests (CSIR-UGC NET for JRF/ UGC NET for JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ JEST/ NBHM Screening Test/ INSPIRE fellows (for Ph.D.)/ GATE).
- Candidates in the final year of their respective courses are also eligible to apply.
Candidates with valid National fellowships will avail of the fellowships from their respective agencies. But students who qualify the interview process and does not have national fellowships will be supported by CBR.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the Ph.D. program need to submit the following documents:
- Marksheets Required: Class 10 & Class 12
- Consolidated Marksheet for each degree (UG/PG)
- A recent passport-sized color photograph
- Scanned Image of Signature
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is September 4, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.