About the program
The Central University of Rajasthan invites applications for M.A. in Cultural Informatics. Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts, New Delhi, is an academic collaborator in this program.
This course is specially designed to teach students about the diverse cultural heritage of Indian and practically teach Information Technology for curation, documentation, restoration, preservation, archiving and dissemination of heritage content to the wider society.
During the course, students especially learn to do research based production and develop career options through practical exposures to the institutes, organization, industries engage in heritage conservations.
- Govt. and non-govt. institutions in the field of heritage documentation and conservation
- Audio-visual archiving and production organizations
- Museums and allied institutions
- Independent heritage consultants
- Art historians
- Heritage Industry and tourism
The Two-Year Master’s program in Cultural Informatics consists of Four (04) Semesters. The students seeking a Master’s Degree in this program, have to earn 96 credits in the course of two years. The following will be the pedagogy:
- Learning outcome-based teaching
- Theoretical and practical instruction
- Core courses and elective
- Dissertation/production and internship
Who can apply
This M.A. program is open to the candidates having a graduation degree (three years) in any discipline from a recognized university possessing a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for General category and 45% marks for OBC, SC and ST, and EWS candidates.
How to apply
The Admission to this course is through the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET-2019)
Online applications are available here on Noticebard or at the official CUCET website link given here.
The CUCET question paper will comprise of 100 MCQs from the following discipline i.e. English, Numerical Aptitude/Data interpretation, Analytical skills, Reasoning, General Aptitude, General Knowledge.
Only the CUCET score will be considered for admission.
Apply online before 13.4.2019
Program code: PG213, Test Paper Code – PGQP40
Date of Entrance Test: 26 May 2019 (Sunday) (3 PM to 5 PM)
- Dr. Nicholas Lakra, Coordinator, 8503888507
- Mrs. Sangeeta Kumari, Faculty, 9868460486
- Mr. Swayam Prakash, Faculty, 8527984009
Click here for the programme details.