The reform of 1991 was a policy break in Indian economy with an overall objective of
macroeconomic stabilization. Reforms brought about a paradigm shift in the Indian economic structure from a state-led mixed economy to market-led open economy.
The conference is intended to examine the transformation of the Indian economy in two and half decades of reforms. Are we still banking on old institutions and systems? Do our reforms enough and what to be needed?
Theme of Conference
- The conference will be focusing on India’s development experiences through twenty-five
years of economic reforms with a focus on the question “has India really transformed?”
- The third day of the Conference is exclusively for a Doctoral Colloquium to provide the
doctoral students an opportunity to present their thesis work to senior faculty and interact with one another.
- The conference will have special tracks on:
- Economic reforms and inclusive growth
- Labour market and employment generation
- Poverty alleviation and equitable growth
- Sustainable development and environmental issues
- Agriculture development and food security
- Industrial policies and performance
- Fiscal reforms and changing role of institutions
- Openness, international trade, and investment
- Money, banking & financial reforms
- Kerala in liberalized world
Academic scholars, industrial consultants, and policymakers are invited to present their
research work. Papers from cross-disciplinary fields that are related to economic policy
and/or social welfare is also invited for presentation.
- Industry delegates: Rs 2000
- Academicians: Rs 1000
- Research scholars Rs: 500
- Post Graduate Students: Rs 200
Demand Draft for the amount drawn in favor of Head, Department of Economics, Central University of Kerala, payable at Kasaragod, Kerala, India.
Payments through electronic fund transfer to the following bank account:
Account No: 4111101004261
Account Name: Head, Department of Economics, Central University of Kerala
Bank Name: Canara Bank, Periye Branch, Kasaragod
IFSC Code: CNRB0004111
A copy of Transfer payment report generated or the scanned copy of the payment receipt may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com for the confirmation of registration.
Submission of abstract (at least 500 words): January 22, 2018
Decision on acceptance: January 27, 2018
Submission of full paper(not to exceed 7000 words): February 19, 2018
Registration deadline: February 19, 2018
Conference: March 1 & 2, 2018
Doctoral Colloquium: March 3, 2018
Conference Coordinator, Tel: +91 79815 45403, +91 94964 60848.