Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Central Sector Scheme National Merit-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme 2021.
About the National Merit-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme 2021
Under this scheme, 100,000 scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum from all sources.
Each State /UT has a fixed quota of scholarship as given in Annexure of the concerned age group of class VII and VIII. The scheme would provide reservation to different categories of students as per the State/UT norms; as different States/UTs have their own norms of reservation.
These scholarships will be provided on yearly basis to the students studying as regular students in class IX in Government, Government-aided, and local body schools which will be renewed for classes X, XI, and XII. Thus the scholarships will be for a maximum period of four years.
A separate examination shall be conducted by the State Governments/UT Administrations for the selection of students for the award of the National Meanscum-Merit Scholarships in the States/UTs.
Procedure for Selection of Awardee Students
- Each State/UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The State Level Examination may consist of the following two tests:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- The students shall have minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (relax able by 5% for SC/ST students). The students should be studying as regular student in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
- Mental Ability Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figure etc.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
- Duration of the Test: Each test will be of 90 minutes duration. Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
Amount of Scholarship
The amount of the scholarship will be Rs. 12000/- per annum @ Rs. 1000 per month.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
November 15, 2021