Applications are open for numerous Central Government Scholarships 2021 for SC/ST/Minorities students. If you are also in search of Central Government Scholarship scheme for SC/ ST and Minorities, your search ends here. NoticeBard brings to you the list of 5 Central Government Scholarships 2021 for SC/ST/Minorities.
From School students to Higher Studies, Central Govt offers Scholarships for all the courses to Minorities students. Check out full details here.
1. Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2021 by Ministry of Minority Affairs (Govt of India): Apply by Oct 30
The Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme for the Welfare of Minorities was announced in June, 2006. It provides that a post-matric scholarship scheme for meritorious students from minority communities would be implemented.
The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned.
- Eligibility: Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakh.
- Amount of Scholarship:
- Admission and tuition fee Class XI & XII: Rs. 7,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level (Courses of one or more year of duration): Rs.
10,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level: Rs. 3,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Application: Interested candidates can apply via this page.
2. Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme 2021 for Minorities by Ministry of Minority Affairs (Govt of India): Apply by Nov 15
The Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme for the Welfare of Minorities was announced in June, 2006. It provides that a Pre-Matric scholarship scheme for meritorious students from minority communities would be implemented.
The scholarship at pre-matric level will encourage parents from minority communities to send their school going children to school, lighten their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education.
The scheme will form the foundation for their educational attainment and provide a level playing field in the competitive employment arena. Empowerment through education, which is one of the objectives of this scheme, has the potential to lead to upliftment of the socio economic conditions of the minority communities.
- Eligibility: Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination and annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh.
- Application: The scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website.
- Rate of Scholarship Admission + Tuition Fee:
- Admission Fee for Class VI to X: Rs. 500/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar).
- Tuition Fee for Class VI to X: Rs. 350/- per month subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
3. Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2021 For Professional & Technical Courses CS by Ministry of Minority Affairs: Apply by Oct 30
The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a Government or private institution, selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. It will cover technical and professional courses at the undergraduate and post-graduate level.
- Eligibility: Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh.
- Duration: Scholarship will be provided for the entire academic year/course. Similarly, the maintenance allowance will be given as fixed lump sum amount for an academic year (Rs. 10,000/- for Hosteller and Rs. 5,000/- for Day Scholar).
- Amount: Rs. 20,000/- per annum subject to actuals whichever is less (for both Hosteller & Day Scholar).
- Application: Interested candidates can apply via this page.
4. National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students by Ministry of Tribal Affairs: Apply by Nov 30
The erstwhile two Central Sector Schemes namely Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) for ST students and Top Class Education for ST Students earlier implemented by this Ministry to provide financial assistance for pursuing higher education of ST students were merged into a single Central Sector Scheme called “National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students”.
- Slots for Scholarship: The total number of fresh Scholarship each year is 1000. There is no ceiling in Institution wise and stream wise number of slots for the Top-Class Institution.
- ST students who have secured admission in the notified Institutions according to the norms prescribed by the respective Institutions will be eligible for the scholarship under the scheme.
- The student will be eligible to join only the list of Institution identified by Ministry.
- The total family income of the candidate to be eligible for this scholarship from all sources should not exceed Rs.6.0 lakh per annum.
- The scholarship shall be payable once the student has secured admission and started attending the classes.
- The scholarship awarded, will continue till the completion of the course, subject to satisfactory performance of the student.
- Amount: It is a Central Sector Scheme and Ministry of Tribal Affairs will provide 100% funding for the scheme and fund will be released in a single installment for Scholarship immediately after the registration/admission.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship and fellowship through this link.
5. Top Class Education Scholarship Scheme 2021 for SC Students by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment [4200 Scholarships]: Apply by Nov 30
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment invites applications for Top Class Education Scholarship Scheme 2021 for SC Students. The last date of application is 30 November 2021.
The Scheme aims at recognizing and promoting quality education amongst students belonging to SCs, by providing full financial support. The Scheme will cover SC students for pursuing studies beyond 12th class.
- Eligibility: Those SC students having total annual family income from all sources up to Rs. 8.00 lakh and having secured admission in a full-time prescribed course in any of the notified institutions according to the general selection criteria prescribed by the concerned institution, will be eligible for scholarship under the Scheme to the extent of the number of scholarships (slots) allocated to the institution for the course.
- No.of Scholarships: The overall number of fresh scholarships would be capped at 4200. The enhanced number of slots are valid for 2020-21 only. These 4200 slots in the year 2020-21shall be distributed among types of institutions as per Annexure-1 of the Scheme.
- Amount: The SC students, who secure admission in the notified institutions, will be awarded scholarship to meet the requirements for (i) full tuition fee and non-refundable charges (there will be a ceiling of Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum per student for private sector institutions and Rs. 3.72 lakhs per annum per student for the private sector flying clubs for Commercial Pilot Training and Type Rating Courses) (ii) living expenses to the beneficiary @ Rs. 3000/- per month per student (iii) books and stationery @ Rs. 5000/- per annum per student and (iv) a latest computer/laptop of reputed brand with accessories like UPS and printer limited to Rs. 45000/- per student as one time assistance during the course.
- Application: Interested candidates can click here for the application.
For more details on Central Scholarship Schemes 2021 for Students, keep visiting NoticeBard.com.
You may also be interested in: