The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad, an autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, invites applications from Indian nationals for a temporary vacancy post in a research project entitled “National Genomics Core” funded by DBT.
The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) is an Indian Biotechnology research center, located in Hyderabad, India, operated by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
Technical Associate (Computational) (01)
Nature of Duty
Quality Assurance/ Quality Control and analysis of raw sequence data generated by massively parallel DNA sequencing and microarray platforms, programming, design, and operation of massively parallel DNA sequencing data analysis pipelines as well as other related activities.
- M.Tech/ M.Sc or B.Tech with two years’ experience or equivalent in Computer Science/ Bioinformatics or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years experience (in addition to the above qualification) of working in the analysis of massively parallel DNA sequencing data.
- Experience in handling software packages, genomic databases, and data analysis pipelines.
- Proficiency in programming in C/ C++ or python.
- Experience in a service laboratory.
- Proficiency in working in Unix (Linux) environment.
You might also be interested in JRF & RA at IIT Gandhinagar: Applications Open.
Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 75,000/- p.m.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is January 7, 2021.
Depending on the qualifications, experience, and recommendations of the Selection Committee, the selected candidate may be placed on a scale and designation lower than the grade advertised/ applied (in the same group). This position is purely temporary and is initially for a maximum of one year. This could be extended/ terminated depending on the continuation of the project(s).
Mere fulfilling the minimum qualifications will not entitle the candidate for being shortlisted for the interview. The applications will be screened by a Committee and candidates found suitable will be shortlisted and interviewed through video conference. The decision of the Director, CDFD will be final in this respect and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.