The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Pune invites applications (online only) for Adjunct Scientist (ADS) scheme from motivated and experienced researchers for doing research in C-DAC interest areas.
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), is a scientific society of the Department of Information Technology under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India. C-DAC has today emerged as a premier R&D organization in ICT&E (Information, Communications Technologies, and Electronics) in the country, working on strengthening national technological capabilities in the context of global developments in the field and responding to change in the market need in selected foundation areas.
- Discipline 1: Computer Science/ Information Technology and Allied disciplines.
- Discipline 2: Electronics Communications/ Electrical/ Telecommunication/ Instrumentation & Control/ Medical Electronics/ Power Electronics/ VLSI & Embedded System and Allied disciplines.
- Discipline 3: Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Health informatics/ Geoinformatics/ Meteorology/ Environmental Science/ Ocean Sciences/ Oceanography/ Environmental Engineering.
- The applicant should be preferably an Indian citizen. However, in case of the individual nominated by an institute or organization with whom C-DAC has formal collaboration in place may also apply.
- A Ph.D. in the broad areas of Scientific & Technical fields preferably in the disciplines in which C-DAC is pursuing Research/ project from a reputed Indian or foreign University.
- Ten years of relevant experience after completion of Ph.D.
- Upper age limit – 57 years at the time of the submission of application.
This engagement is purely meant for academic/ research purposes and on a contract basis. It is temporary, and is tenable initially for a period up to 2 years and extendable for a further period of not more than one year on a need basis. Hence, the total duration including the extended period will not exceed 3 years.
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of an Expert Committee that will be constituted by the respective Competent Authority with the approval of the Director-General from time to time. If required, the applicants/candidates may be called for personal discussion.
- Mere fulfillment of required minimum qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for discussion.
- C-DAC reserves the right to fill or not to fill the requirements advertised.
- The candidates called for presentation/discussion will be paid travel expenses at actuals limited to AC II-Tier Rail fare by the shortest route within India.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
For full notification, click the link below.