The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) under the aegis of the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) in association with NVIDIA & OpenACC, is organizing two days training program (Bootcamp) on accelerating applications on Nvidia GPUs. This Bootcamp is specifically designed and tuned for computational scientists.
In this hands-on training, participants will learn about multiple GPU programming models and can choose the one that best fits their needs to run their scientific codes on GPUs. This Bootcamp will cover, an introduction to GPU programming using C++ Parallel Constructs, parallel programming frameworks like OpenACC, OpenMP as well as programming models like CUDA C and Kokkos.
The Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Indian Standard Time (IST) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack, and email.
Basic experience with C/ C++ programming is needed. No GPU programming knowledge is required. This event has limited capacity, so please make sure that prerequisites are met before applying. Selected participants will be receiving an acceptance email with details on how to participate. Participants will be selected based on the details provided in the application form.
Day 1 (Intro): February 17, 2021
- Welcome (Moderator): 9:00 AM
- Connecting to a cluster: 9:15 AM – 9:30 AM
- Introduction to GPU computing: 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM (Lecture)
- Accelerating Standard C++ with GPUs using stdpar: 10 AM – 10:30 AM (Lecture and Lab)
- Directive Based Programming with OpenMP and OpenACC on GPU: 10:45 AM – 12:15 PM (Lecture and Lab)
Day 2 (Advanced): February 18, 2021
- CUDA C Programming 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM (Lecture + Lab)
- Break 11:00 AM -12:30 PM (Challenge)
Teams attending the event will be given access to the GPU cluster for the duration of the hackathon.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking the link below.
Click here to apply
For full notification, click the link below.