The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) under the aegis of the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) is organizing a two-day AI For Science Bootcamp from March 23 to 24, 2021.
In this Bootcamp, learn how AI can accelerate HPC simulations by introducing the concepts of Neural Networks, including data pre-processing, and techniques on how to build, compare and improve the accuracy of models. It will introduce real-world problems, where participants learn AI concepts with step-by-step instructions and apply the taught solution using learned techniques. It is designed for computational scientists and researchers from different scientific domains who want to learn the difference between Data-driven and Physics Informed AI.
Day 1 (Intro: Lecture + Demo): 23rd March, 2021
Open to all, prior registration required. GPU programming or AI knowledge not required.
- Welcome (by Moderator): 9:00 AM IST
- Introduction to AI: 09:00AM – 10:00AM IST (Lecture)
- How AI can be used to solve challenges in different HPC fields 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM IST (Lecture)
- SiMNet: Data-Driven AI vs Physics Informed AI (11:00 AM – 11:45 AM IST (Lecture)
- GPU Architecture for HPC and AI: 11:45 AM – 12:30 PM IST (Lecture)
Day 2 (Intro: Hands-on): 24th March 2021
This hands-on session is Invitation only. Participants will be selected based on the details provided in the application form during registration. Teams attending the event will be given access to the GPU cluster for the duration of the Bootcamp. Participants are expected to have Python coding experience.
- Connecting to cluster: 9:00AM – 9:15 AM IST (Lecture)
- CNN Primer and Keras 101: 9:15 AM – 10:15 AM IST (Lecture and Lab)
- Tropical cycle detection Case Study: 10:15 AM – 11:30 AM IST (Lab)
- SiMNet: Physics Informed Neural Network 11:30AM – 12:30AM IST (Lab + Challenge)
- Steady Flow Estimation Case Study: 02:00 PM – 03:00PM IST (Challenge)
- Conclusion and Q&A (3:00 – 3:30 PM)
The Bootcamp will be hosted online in the India Timezone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email. Additionally, the attendees participating in the hands-on lab and participating in the challenge will also receive a certificate.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is March 15, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.