During the COVID-19, humanity has faced various situations that invoke human interest. There are stories of innovation, sacrifice, going beyond the call of duty, challenges faced and creatively solved, humour, finding joy in adversity etc.
It will be highly useful to document these stories for the benefit of society for future reference. Therefore, CBSE is launching a Storytelling Competition from 6th to 16th February 2021 as per the following details:
Categories of Participation
- Primary: Class 3 to 5
- Middle: Class 6 to 8
- Secondary: Class 9 to 10
- Sr. Secondary: Class 11 to 12
The story can be about:
- A person overcoming adversity
- Sacrifice and /or going beyond call of duty
- Creative solution to a challenging situation
- Funny stories
- Innovations done that helped many
- The story should be in English, in not more than 600-650 words, and should strive to be neutral and objective.
- The story must be related to experiences of teaching, learning, outreach, inclusion, use of technology, etc,: basically anything related to school education
- At the centre of the story, there should be a person or persons in the context of school education-therefore, the story could be about a teacher, a member of the local -self -government, a student, a parent, a volunteer, a school, etc. who did exemplar and extraordinary work, out of the routine, during this period. The story should revolve around this person/s and his/her/their experiences.
- The story can contain dialogues/conversations/photographs. Story may be written to appeal to the emotional side of the reader.
- At the beginning of the story, the name of the teacher/volunteer/etc. may be given only if they agree to give name. Names of students below 18 years, if any, may be given only with parental consent.
- Name of the school and address including, district and state of the Participants is to be compulsorily written for each story.
Schools can submit the stories to CBSE, as and when ready, through the CBSE Storytelling App from 15th to 20th February 2021. The details of submission through the App can be seen in the Annexure I.