Applications are invited for the CBSE Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child – 2020.
Objective of the Scholarship
The objective of CBSE merit scholarship scheme is to provide scholarships to the meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class X Examination with 60% or more marks and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII. The scheme is aimed to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious students.
Allocation of Scholarship
The number of scholarships for a particular year shall be variable and shall be awarded to all such “Single Girl Students” who have secured 60% or more marks in the CBSE Class X Examination in that year.
The eligibility criteria shall be as under:
- All Single Girl Students, who have secured 60% or more marks in CBSE Class X Examination and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose. In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fee in such school shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to Indian Nationals only.
- The student must continue her school studies in Class XI and XII in school.
- Candidate who have passed CBSE Class X Examination in 2020 will be considered.
- A Scholar under the scheme while availing scholarship can enjoy other concession(s) given by the school in which she is studying other organization(s).
Duration of Scholarship and its Renewal
- The Scholarship awarded shall be renewed for a period of one year i.e. successful completion of class XI. Renewal shall also depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination which determines her promotion to next class.
- The renewal/ continuation of the scholarship, in cases where a scholar gives up the chosen course of study before its completion or if she changes the school or course of study shall be subject to prior approval of the Board. Good conduct and regularity in attendance are required for continuance of scholarship. The decision of the Board shall be final and binding in all such matters. A Scholarship once cancelled shall not be renewed under any circumstances.
Rate of Scholarships
- The rate of the scholarship shall be Rupees Five Hundred (Rs. 500/-) per month. A Scholarship awarded under the scheme shall be paid for a maximum period of two years.
- Payment will be made through ECS/NEFT.
- Student should have passed Class X Examination from the CBSE and secured 60% or more marks.
- Pursuing Class XI & XII from CBSE affiliated Schools.
- Student(Girl) should be ONLY CHILD of their parents.
- Original Affidavit duly attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/ Executive Magistrate/Notary as per prescribed format available on the Board’s website. (Photocopy of Affidavit will not be accepted).
- Undertaking should be attested by the School Principal from where the student is pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from Board’s Examination.
- Tuition fee should not be more than Rs. 1,500/- per month in Class X and 10% enhancement for Class XI & XII.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
Dec 10, 2020
For more details, click the link below.