The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct the computer based common entrance test (CAT 2018) on November 25, 2018 for admissions to IIMs located at Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Jammu, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam.
CAT 2018 Eligibility
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of the Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal / Registrar of their University/institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
- Candidates applying for CAT 2017 should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks*
Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage*.
Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage*.
SC / ST / PWD candidates should have minimum 45%. For General and NC-OBC candidates, minimum is 50%.
Registration Fee for CAT 2018
₹950 for SC, ST and PwD candidates
₹1900 for all other categories of candidates
- Registration Opens: August 8, 2018
- Registration Closes:
September 19, 2018 (5 PM)Extended to Sep 26, 2018.
- Admit card download: October 24 – November 25, 2018
- Test Date: November 25, 2018
- Result Declaration: Second Week of January, 2019 (Tentative)
CAT will be conducted in test centres spread across 147 cities. Candidates will be given the option to select any 4 cities in order of their preference.
Note: Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a mobile phone number throughout the selection process.
For official website, click here.