CAT 2017 Registration for PG Programmes @ Indian Institutes of Management: Apply by Sept 20
The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct computer-based Common Admission Test 2017 (CAT 2017) on Sunday, 26th November, 2017 in two sessions. CAT 2017 will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of the Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- Candidates should note that the mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.
- ₹900 for SC, ST and PwD category candidates.
- ₹1800 for all other categories of candidates.
Please note that a candidate needs to pay registration fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. SC, ST and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration. Fee once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
- The registration window opens on 9th August, 2017 and will close at 5:00 p.m. on 20th September, 2017. The details will be available in the registration guide.
- At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any four Test Cities as per their preference from the drop down menu.
- After the last date of registration, candidates will be allotted one among the 4 preferred cities and either of the two sessions. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted a nearby city.
- The candidates can download the admit cards from 18th October, 2017 till 26th November, 2017.
For more details, please visit the official portal for CAT 2017 here.
About the Author
The author is a final year law student from Calcutta who takes her subject seriously and passionately. Spends most of her time online, with dozens of browser tabs open at a time. Is a bookworm, pop-culture geek, and a foodie. Willing to work for pizza.